Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Bliss Flooring

I worked for Beaulieu Carpets for several years before I started my own business.  Back then, Beaulieu was only known more making "run of the mill" carpets.  We were the third dog in a two dog race, as they say.  Mohawk and Shaw controlled the market, and the smaller mills picked up the scraps.
For the last couple of years, Beaulieu has been amazingly effective in marketing a new product campaign called, "Bliss."  The entire collection is made of quality products with modern appeal, better warranties, and strong engineering (density, twist, fiber).

The program has two segments, which I feel is a strong addition to the carpet industry.  First, Healthy Home is a collection of carpets with silver built into the fibers.   This treatment allows the carpet to be naturally antibacterial.  This Silver Release is coupled with their Magic Fresh odor treatment, which happens to be the other pillar of the Bliss program. 

Magic Fresh has been around for quite some time.  I tried it out with "Palm Springs" from Beaulieu about 10 years ago in my basement.  For an average household, with kids, two dogs, and a lot of the older basement smells, the carpet was immediate in proving its claims.  My basement smelled like nothing, a vast change and certain improvement from the previous carpet. 

I am currently trying out "artful" in my house.  For the last few months it has been perfect.  Very comfortable over a memory foam pad, very soft to the touch, and very reliable in standing up to my kids' abuse.

The only question I would have for the engineers is the environmental impact of silver ions on the carpet.  Does it walk off or transfer?  and if so, what is that impact on people and environment?Bliss from IQ

No comments:

Post a Comment